Background

PAPERPACK S.A., resulted from the merger of the Tsoukaridis family companies, having a long tradition in the field of graphic arts and carton packaging, dating back to 1891 in Smyrna of Asia Minor, when it started the first family printing press under the name “MELISSA”. After the expulsion in 1922, the company transferred its activities to Athens and, in 1947, after the war, Petros Tsoukaridis established a new model unit which became one of the best printing press units of post-war Athens.

Subsequently, the company’s milestones are:

  • In 1973 John P. Tsoukaridis joins the Company, immediately after his graduation from the Athens University of Economics.
  • In 1976, an extensive investment programme is implemented on mechanical equipment and building installations with the company’s transfer to new facilities, in the industrial area of Peristeri. This was followed , by the creation of a model vertical industrial unit of Graphic Arts, Carton and Packaging.
  • In 1995 it was decided to merge the companies TSOUKARIDIS IOANNIS SA. and TSOUKARIDIS IOANNIS LTD, controlled by Mr. John Tsoukaridis, thus creating the company “TSOUKARIDIS J. CARTON PACKAGING INDUSTRY” (Government Gazette. 779/1996).
  • In 1997 the Company is certified under ISO 9002 by TUV CERT.
  • In June 1998 , the Company was relocated to a new production unit in Metamorfosi, Attica, which also housed the Company’s offices. The new leased two-storey building covering an area of 4.800 m2. increased the dynamics and operability of the entire company.
  • In February 1999 the Company’s name changed to PAPERPACK . Α.Β.Ε.Ε. S. Α.Β.Ε.Ε. A significant investment in modern mechanical equipment was TSOUKARIDISn that year.
  • In May 1999 it participated with a 99% holding in newly established company “EUROKTISMA S.A.”, a provider of Hotel Services.
  • In June 1999 LAMBRAKIS PRESS S.A. acquired 30% of the company’s shares.
  • In October 1999 , the Company bought competitor company LEONARDOS GRAPHIC ARTS S.A., and became the leader of the compact paper packaging market.
  • In October 2000, the Company’s shares were listed on the Parallel Market of the Athens Stock Exchange.
  • In November 2000 the Company acquired 35% of FOKAS BROS S.A. (its main activity being the production of cartons for restaurants, pastry shops, bakeries) further strengthening its position in the paper packaging sector.
  • In December 2000 the company signed a memorandum of understanding with FLEXOPACK S.A. , which aimed at the wider collaboration of the two companies, in the form of participation in new companies active in the plastic materials and paper sectors. In the framework of this collaboration, in February 2001 the Company acquired 21% and FLEXOPACK S.A. acquired 44% of VLACHOS BROS S.A. , active in the flexible packaging sector. During the same month, the company was certified with an ISO 9001:2000.
  • In May 2001 , the company absorbed its 100% subsidiary LEONARDOS GRAPHIC ARTS S.A. , that had been significantly enhanced with modern mechanical equipment. Within the same year, the company also completed the restructuring of its administrative structure and production organization, achieving significant economies of scale.
  • In August 2003 the Company realized an investment of 2 million Euro approximately. related to the purchase of modern printing equipment with the intaglio method.
  • In February 2005 the merger through absorption of 100% subsidiary EUROKTISMA S.A, was completed, resulting in the acquisition of 50% of subsidiary company PROMOCARTON S.A.
  • In April 2005 the Company was awarded the “Printer of the Year” prize under the packaging category, at the first Greek printing competition “Greek Printing Prizes”. . The award related to the AMPHORA packaging for the METAXA company.
  • In July 2006 the Company acquired 35% of the newly established company QUALITY PROMOTION AGENCY SA, through participation in the initial share capital.
  • In August 2006 the Company’s relocation to Kifissia, Attica, was completed, at facilities housing the branch, thus concentrating all production lines and administration at one leased property. This concentration has improved the Company’s operability.
  • In October 2006 the Company suspended operations of the branch in Metamorfosi, Attica, and proceeded to its sublease.
  • In February 2007 , the Company sold the entire percentage it held (35%) in the newly established QUALITY PROMOTION AGENCY S.A. .
  • In July 2007, shareholder company “LAMBRAKIS PRESS S.A.”, which held 36,74% of the share capital Paperpack S.A., withdrew.
  • In November 2007 the affiliated company of the Group ,PROMOCARTON S.A. transferred all shares it held (15%) in advertising company NIKOS APERGIS S.A.
  • In December 2007 the Company , sold shares representing 2% of the share capital of the VLACHOS BROS S.A. The Company now participates in the share capital of VLACHOS BROS S.A. with 19%.
  • In November 2009 the Company purchased more shares, representing 35% of the share capital of subsidiary PROMOCARTON S.A., thus increasing the percentage of its participation in the share capital of PROMOCARTON S.A. from 50% to 85%.
  • In June 2010 the research department of subsidiary PROMOCARTON S.A. designed and developed the new Promo – Auto® Stand product, that includes an automatic form tensioner system, that can be implemented on various materials and has a European registration patent.
  • In November 2010, the Company is certified under ISO 9001:2008.
  • In March 2012, PAPERBACK – TSOUKARIDIS S. TSOUKARIDIS. representing 15% of the share capital of subsidiary PROMOCARTON S.A., and is now the single shareholder holding 100% of the share capital of PROMOCARTON S.
  • In May 2012, The Boards of Directors of both companies, decided on the merger by absorption "PROMOKARTON SA" by the “PAPERPACK – I TSOUKARIDIS. SA”
  • In June 2012, the Company’s name changed to “PAPERPACK PRINTING, KYTIOPOIIAS CHARTINIS PACKAGING AND SPECIES "and the distinctive title “PAPERPACK S.A.”
  • In October 2012, complete the absorption of the 100% subsidiary “PROMOKARTON SA” by “PAPERPACK S.A.”